Today I am coming with a new WordPress plugin, named “WordPress User Frontend“. Some of us want something like that the subscriber/contributor will not be able to go in the WordPress backend and everything these user can control will be done from WordPress frontend.
So here is my plugin that solves your problem. This features of this plugin in it’s version 0.6 are follows:
- User can create a new post and edit from frontend
- They can view their page in the custom dashboard
- Users can edit their profile
- Administrator can restrict any user level to access the WordPress backend (/wp-admin)
- New posts status, submitted by users are configurable via admin panel. i.e. Published, Draft, Pending
- Admin can configure to receive notification mail when the users creates a new post.
- Configurable options if the user can edit or delete their posts.
- Users can upload attachments from the frontend
- Admins can manage their users from frontend
- Pay per post or subscription on posting is possible
- Create a new Page “New Post” and insert shortcode [wpuf_addpost] or for custom post type [wpuf_addpost post_type=”event”]
- Create a new Page “Edit” for editing posts and insert shortcode [wpuf_edit]
- Create a new Page “Profile” for editing profile and insert shortcode [wpuf_editprofile]
- Create a new Page “Dashboard” and insert shortcode [wpuf_dashboard] or for custom post types [wpuf_dashboard post_type=”event”]
- Correct the permalink structure of your WordPress installation
- To show the subscription info, insert the shortcode `[wpuf_sub_info]`
- To show the subscription packs, insert the shortcode `[wpuf_sub_pack]`
- For subscription payment page, create a new page and insert the page ID in WP User frontend’s “PayPal Payment Page” option.
- To edit users, insert the shortcode `[wpuf-edit-users]`
Want to modify?
If you want to extend the plugin, there is a nice tutorial about how you can do that.
Project is now in Github
The WP User Frontend plugin is now hosted in Github repository. You can always find the newest fix and updates from the Github page. You can also contribute to this project if have some cool idea and will be very helpful for me too.
For plugin support, please use this support forum.